Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Video and slides for 'Five years of EC2 distilled' talk

On February 19th I gave a talk at the Silicon Valley Cloud Computing Meetup about my experiences and lessons learned while using EC2 for the past 5 years or so. I posted the slides on Slideshare and there's also a video recording of my presentation. I think the talk went pretty well, judging by the many questions I got at the end. Hopefully it will be useful to some people out there who are wondering if EC2 or The Cloud in general is a good fit for their infrastructure (short answer: it very much depends).

I want to thank Sebastian Stadil from Scalr for inviting me to give the talk (he first contacted me about giving a talk like this in -- believe it or not -- early 2008!). I also want to thank Adobe for hosting the meeting, and CDNetworks for sponsoring the meeting.

No comments:

Modifying EC2 security groups via AWS Lambda functions

One task that comes up again and again is adding, removing or updating source CIDR blocks in various security groups in an EC2 infrastructur...